Botox or Botulinum toxin A is a protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. Used in small and appropriate doses, botox is an effective medical technique used to relax the muscles and treat lazy eyes and strabismus. Most commonly, botox is used in a cosmetic treatment to reduce wrinkles, fine lines, and to tighten skin. Its effect can last up to 4-6 months.
Benefits of Botox
Botox injections can reduce the appearance of wrinkles in the forehead, crow’s feet, or the lines around the eye, lines at the corner of the mouth, lift eyebrows, and give the appearance of bigger eyes, and a more youthful look. Yielding fast results, it is a suitable treatment used to lift the face and tighten skin.
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles
- Slims down face
- No preparation prior treatment
- Quick results with few side effects
- Can resume normal activity promptly after treatment
- Boosts confidence
- Safety certified by Food and Drug Administration
Recommended Units of Botox
- Forehead lines = 10-30 Units
- Frown lines = 8-16 Units
- Crow’s feet = 6-15 Units
- Bunny lines = 4-8 Units
- Jawline Reshape = 40-60 Units
- Face Lift = 40-60 Units
- Dimpled Chin = 2-6 Units
- Neck lines = 25-50 Units
- Avoid taking Vitamin A drugs (Retinoic Acid), AHA, or vitamins and supplements that increase the risk of bleeding.
- Avoid taking NSAIDS painkillers, including Motrin, Naproxen, Brufen, or aspirin for 1 week.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages.
- Avoid physical exfoliation 2-3 weeks prior to Botox injections to reduce risk of bruising and other side effects.
- Consult with your doctor prior to the treatment in case of underlying disease or allergies.
- Try to move and use your injected muscles 1-2 times after the treatment.
- Avoid lying on your back for 4 hours.
- Avoid washing your face with hot water for 2 weeks.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and avoid exposing your face to smoke from hot pot or hot pan (including at BBQ or Hot Pot restaurants).
- Avoid getting facial treatments for 2 weeks.