Thermage is a skin lifting technology that emits radio frequency (RF) energy into the deep tissue to tighten existing collagen fibers that are sagging to better adhere to the skin, making the skin more elastic and firm.
Who is Thermage most suitable for?
- Individuals looking to lift sagging facial skin, correct face shape, and tighten jawline.
- Individuals with jowls, or excess skin in cheeks.
- Individuals looking to lift drooping and saggy eyelids, or lift eyebrows.
- Individuals with droopy mouth corners or those starting to see signs of wrinkles, but do not want to undergo Botox injections.
- Individuals looking to boost production of collagen.
- Individuals who prefer a non-invasive and a non-surgical treatment.
Areas Treatable by Thermage
- Around the eyes
Thermage Treatment Duration
Thermage treatment session takes around 1-2 hours.
- Instant visible lifting. Thermage helps to stimulate the production of new collagen, while tightening existing ones by around 20%.
- Full results are visible 6 months after the treatment.
- Results can last up to 1-2 years, depending on each person's skin condition.
- Repeating the treatment every year helps to rejuvenate the skin and increase the production of collagen.
- Redness in the treatment area due to heat should dissipate within 1-2 hours.
- Mild swelling may be experienced, although not as severe as swelling from surgery. Requires no recovery time.
- Some patients may experience burns, depending on the patient’s skin condition, physician’s experience, and prior patient assessment. While heat exerted by Thermage treatment should generally be at a tolerable level, each individual’s skin is different. Please inform our physician right away should you find the heat intolerable and uncomfortable.